Hello, welcome, and enjoy all the News, events and more involving Holy Cross New Orleans.
Remember we are now streaming the show LIVE on Facebook at 2pm on Sundays!!!!
Events for the week of 8/21/17 through 8/27/17
Spirit Shop Announces Hours
The Holy Cross Spirit Shop will be open this week during orientation:
- Monday, August 7, 7:30 a.m.-11 a.m. and 12-4 p.m.
- Tuesday, August 8, 7:30 a.m.-11 a.m. and 12-4 p.m.
- Wednesday, August 9, 7:30 a.m.-11 a.m. and 2-3 p.m.
- Starting Thursday, August 10, on school days, the Spirit Shop will be open daily from 7:30 a.m.-1 p.m. and 2-3 p.m.
Jamboree Tickets went on Sale Aug. 15
- Come show your Holy Cross Tigers spirit at the Football Jamboree, Friday, Aug. 25, at 6 p.m. at Nicholls State University! Tickets are $7 each and will be sold in the Holy Cross Spirit Shop or the Headmaster’s Front Desk .
Pulitzer Prize-Winning Journalist Alex Martin ’77 Visits Journalism Classes
- Our journalism classes had the privilege of hearing from Pulitzer Prize-winning journalist Alex Martin, who graduated from Holy Cross School in 1977. Martin is an editor at the Wall Street Journal and was recently inducted into the Manship School of Mass Communication Hall of Fame at LSU.
- Alex engaged the students in an informative and culturally relevant discussion on the day-to-day operations of a large newsroom, as well as the importance of news literacy – how to discern fact from fiction in the digital age – and its vital role in maintaining an informed and educated electorate.
- We thank Alex for taking the time to come share insights with fellow Holy Cross men!
Holy Cross Eclipse Viewing Letter & Permission Form for Grades 5-12
- On Monday, August 21, all Holy Cross students in grades 5-12 will have the opportunity to attend a school-sponsored viewing of the partial solar eclipse. The eclipse is expected to peak around 1:30 p.m., and this is the approximate time we plan to take the students outside for the viewing event.
- In preparation for this event, the science department has ordered eclipse glasses for each student and staff member. All students will be instructed on the proper use of these glasses in their science classes this week, and they will view a short safety video on Monday morning during their first period class, which is when the glasses will also be distributed.
- Because we will be transitioning classes, going to lunch, having recess and dismissing during the expected eclipse time, students will also be instructed on safety precautions that must be taken when they are outside.
- All students will have the opportunity to participate in this viewing event. But make sure you turn in your permission slip.
events coming this week
|F||8/25||Varsity Football vs. E.D. White (Jamb.)||6:00 PM||Nichollas State|
|SA||8/26||Lady Tigers-Bengal Tiger Bunco Night||6:30 PM||Student Center|
Other upcoming events
- Sept 12th 630pm – Meet the head master (Cafeteria)
- Sept 14th 630pm – Men’s club meeting (Cafeteria)
- Sept 14th 910am – School Mass (Remember your tie)
- Sept 29th – Jesuit Tail gate at City Park and live show o Facebook live
- Remember to visit our website
- Or email us
- And make sure you subscribe to the show on your mobile device.