Tiger Talk recorded 11/5/2017
Posted by Tiger Talk on Sunday, November 5, 2017
- Hello and welcome to Tiger Talk for the week of November 6th through November 12th 2017
- Visit us for show notes and links at tigertalk.us or on Facebook for replays of our live podcasts.
- Tigers Vs Live Oak
- On Friday night HC battled Live Oak. And won a tight match 14 to 13
- Tiger Band Receives Superior Ratings
- Congratulations to the Holy Cross Tiger Band, who competed in the LMEA District VI marching festival at Joe Yenni stadium on Monday. Senior drum major Brandon Dillon and junior drum major Josh Lizama received a superior rating; senior drum captain Seth Boudoin and his percussion section received a superior rating; and the Holy Cross band received an overall superior rating as the Tigers took home the Sweepstakes trophy.
- 7th Graders Meet Senior Big Brothers
- Seventh graders got to meet their new Senior Big Brothers for the first time on Tuesday and got to know each other through ice breaker games and spending their nutrition break together. Next week seventh graders will experience a high school exploration and attend a Boys to Men luncheon with their big brothers.
5th & 6th Grade Flag Football Wrap Up Season
- The 5th and 6th grade flag football season wrapped up this week following a hard fought 13-12 overtime loss to undefeated Trinity. Despite falling short of their ultimate goal, the team displayed all the characteristics that we have come to expect from these Holy Cross men. Congratulations on your successful season. Go Tigers!
Seniors Give Back Through Day of Service
- Seniors participated in a day of service last week, beginning with Mass on the Holy Cross campus. They then journeyed to Magnolia Community Services to spend the day with our brothers and sisters with developmental and intellectual disabilities. Our young men once again lived up to each pillar and theme of our great mission.
- Thanksgiving Food Drive to Run Nov. 6-13
- Our Holy Cross Thanksgiving Food Drive will run from November 6-13. We will be collecting canned goods and non-perishable food items. All food collected will go to local church food pantries and Second Harvest Food Bank. Students may drop off donations to the Middle School Office, High School Office, and the Primary School Office. Thank you for your generosity!
- Holy Cross Recognizes Family Day Raffle Sales Winners
- Congratulations to our Family Day Golden Ticket Award Winner, fifth grader Carson Terminie! Carson won the award for selling the most tickets in our 2017 Family Day Raffle! And congratulations also to Mr. David Hanemann, who won the Dedicated Teacher Award for having the homeroom that sold the most tickets. Both were recognized on HCTV today with a presentation by Director of Events, Mrs. Jenny Lacoste. Thank you both for your dedication and support of Holy Cross School!
events coming this week
M 11/6 Student Holiday-Teacher Development T 11/7 EFGA T 11/7 7th Grade Parent Breakfast-“Continuing the Journey” 8:00 AM Cafeteria T 11/7 11th/12th Grade Balfour Presentations-Junior/Senior Order Day 12:40 PM Student Center W 11/8 Varsity Soccer Scrimmage v. Chalmette 4:00 PM Chalmette TH 11/9 Soccer JV Scrimmage vs St. Augustine tba Holy Cross TH 11/9 Lady Tigers / Mens Club joint pot luck Social 6:30 PM Cafeteria F 11/10 JV Wrestling-Brother Martin Open tba Brother Martin F 11/10 5th Grade Game Night 7:00 PM Student Center-Huddle SA 11/11 Junior High Wrestling-Brother Martin Open tba brother Martin SA 11/11 Soccer Varsity Only Scrimmage vs De La Salle 11:00 AM Holy Cross SA 11/11 Varsity Soccer Scrimmage v. Chalmette 4:00 PM Chalmette
Other upcoming events
- 15th Commedia Delight (Watson Family Theatre)
- Thanksgiving Holidays 11/20 – 11/24
- Dec 2nd Christmas Luncheon
- Dec 14th Men’s club meeting
- Remember to visit our website
- Or email us
- And make sure you subscribe to the show on your mobile device.