- Hello and welcome to Tiger Talk for the week of November 20th through November 26th 2017
- Visit us for show notes and links at tigertalk.us or on Facebook for replays of our live podcasts.
- First in the news THANKSGIVING BREAK!!!!!!!
Swim Team Sending Thirteen to State Meet
- The Holy Cross swim team will departed Thursday for their annual pilgrimage to Sulphur, LA to represent Holy Cross at the state swim meet. In order to compete at the state level, swimmers had to swim a state qualifying time during the season. I hadn’t heard the results but knw the Tigers competed with Pride and Honor.
- Tiger Cross Country Finishes 4th in LHSAA State Championship
- On Tuesday, November 14, Holy Cross placed 4th overall in the LHSAA 5A Boys Cross Country Championship. This was the highest finish in 5A competition for a cross country team from Holy Cross in nearly 30 years. It is difficult to properly encapsulate the trajectory of this team, but perhaps this will help — seven years ago, the fifth graders of Holy Cross took their classes in trailers, watching the skeleton of their school buildings rise from the ground. There was a feeling of hope, of new beginnings; a strong foundation was laid, and upon this foundation young men could build their dreams. As the school was built, so was Tiger Cross Country.
- Notre Dame Visits Holy Cross Theology and Science Departments
- Holy Cross has had the privilege of sending academic teams to South Bend, Indiana during the summer to study and participate in the Science and Religion seminars hosted and funded by the McGrath Institute for Church Life at the University Notre Dame. Faculty members and students have benefited tremendously from our growing partnership with this prestigious Congregation of Holy Cross school. This past Tuesday, HC had the pleasure of hosting our friends from South Bend. Mrs. Patricia Bellm, Dr. Jay Martin, and Dr. Chris Baglow (of Notre Dame Seminary) spent the afternoon interacting with leadership and students. The day ended in a dialogue with the Theology and Science Departments discussing the relationship between the disciplines
HC basketball set to open season
- Their first game was Tuesday Nov. 14th against Newman Where they lost 58 to 49
- Listen to this pregame Q & A with Coach Kirkwood from before the game.
- As always thanks to our field reports Chris & Peyton Kennedy for the field reports
- 8th Grade Attends Renaissance Fest
- Holy Cross eighth graders attended the Renaissance Fest as part of their lesson studying Shakespeare’s Romeo and Juliet. They had a great time getting to experience what life was like during Medieval times.
- Varsity Soccer Defeats Division III #1 Ranked Vandebilt Catholic, 3-1
- Congratulations to our Varsity Soccer Team, who is the #1 ranked team in Division II, on their win over Division III #1 Vandebilt Catholic, with a score of 3-1
Arena and Mays to Compete in Pepsi Challenge National Bowling Tournament
- Junior Bryan Arena and Senior Gavin Mays have both qualified for the National Tournament of the Pepsi Challenge, a scholarship tournament open to all Louisiana bowlers age 19 and under who qualify. Both Bryan and Gavin will be traveling to Shreveport in April to compete in this tournament
events coming this week
|M||11/20||Varsity Basketball-Basil Moreau Thanksgiving Classic-||5:30 & 7PM||Holy Cross|
|TU||11/21||Varsity Wrestling-Dale Ketelson Memorial||TBA||St. Paul’s|
|TU||11/21||Varsity Soccer vs. Brother Martin||1:00 PM||Pan American Stadium|
|TU||11/21||JV Soccer vs. Brother Martin||3:00 PM||Pan American Stadium|
|TU||11/21||Varsity Basketball-Basil Moreau Thanksgiving||5:30 & 7PM||Holy Cross|
|WE||11/22||Varsity Basketball-Basil Moreau Thanksgiving||TBA||Holy Cross|
|WE||11/22||Varsity Basketball-Basil Moreau Thanksgiving||1:30 PM||Holy Cross|
|SA||11/25||JV Soccer vs. Rummel||11:00 AM||Rummel|
Other upcoming events
- Dec 2nd Christmas Luncheon
- Dec 7th Band Christmas Concert
- Dec 8TH School Liturgy – Immaculate Conception
- Dec 10th Kendra Scott Cheerleading Fundraiser
- Dec 14th Men’s club meeting
- Remember to visit our website
- Or email us
- And make sure you subscribe to the show on your mobile device.