Hello and welcome to Tiger Talk. This show is for March 12th 2018 through March 18th, 2018
• Baseball update
o HC defeats Slidell 8-3 on March 8th.
HC racked up 11 hits in the game
o Holy Cross Tigers Takes the Victory Against Covenant Christian in Pitcher’s Duel 2 to 1
o On Saturday they conjured John Curtis 5-3
o This brings the Tigers record to 7-5 and 1 this season
• Dr. Joseph Murry Announces Retirement
o Holy Cross School announced today that its high school principal Dr. Joseph Murry will retire at the end of the 2017-2018 school year. Dr. Murry has served in this role for 14 years, during which time the school was completely rebuilt following Hurricane Katrina.
“We owe a great deal of gratitude to Dr. Murry for his contributions in growing the school academically, advancing the mission set forth by Blessed Basil Moreau, and for his role in the school’s recovery,” said Sean Martin ’92, headmaster of Holy Cross School.
• Holy Cross Seniors Named National Merit Finalists
o John Accardo, , and Blake Baldassaro, have both been named National Merit Finalists. These academically talented high school seniors have met all the requirements to now be considered for one of 7,500 National Merit Scholarships to be offered in 2018. In addition, these two students have earned a full tuition scholarship for their senior year at Holy Cross School as part of the school’s National Merit Award program.
Accardo plans to attend the University of Alabama in Hunstville and will major in aerospace engineering.
Baldassaro plans to attend Louisiana State University and will major in chemical engineering.
• Holy Cross Robotigers Team Wins State Championship
o On March 3, the Holy Cross Robotigers competed in the state championships held at St. Paul’s School in Covington. There were 44 teams in attendance from throughout the state. The Robotigers won the state tournament and have advanced to the World’s competition being held the last week in April in Louisville, KY. Worlds is a four-day competition where 560 qualifying teams from across the world will compete for top honors.
• Holy Cross Students Earn Honors at Greater New Orleans Science and Engineering Fair
o Holy Cross students and teachers took home $2,500 in awards from their participation in the Greater New Orleans Science and Engineering Fair held at Tulane University In February.
o Holy Cross School received the Patrick F. Taylor Foundation School Grant for entering more than 10 projects in the GNOSEF.
• Seventh Grade Visits Louisiana State Supreme Court
o Our seventh graders are studying Louisiana history and recently visited the Louisiana State Supreme Court in the French Quarter, where they had an opportunity to learn about our court system and tour the historic building. This trip was part of their “Continuing the Journey” series and also included visits to the Old Ursuline Convent and St. Mary’s Italian Church for the 300th Anniversary of Catholicism in New Orleans.
Photo Gallery: http://photos.holycrosstigers.com/Louisiana-State-Supreme-Court-2018/
• Great thanks to the Holy Cross Men’s Club Especially Mike and Jim for inviting Tiger Talk to speak at their monthly meeting. If you weren’t there you mist out. They were test boiling crawfish for the big HC crawfish boil on April 7th Its tough but someone has to test these things for you.
• Come out to the next meeting on April 12th for the Chili cook-off
• Finally a special thank you to Headmaster Sean Martin ’92 for his support of our show … it was great talking with him.
events coming this week
Mar 12 Mon
• 7th Grade Baseball vs. Country Day 4:15 PM (Butch Duhe’)
• JV Baseball vs Rummel 4:30 PM (Holy Cross Park)
• Scholars Presentation for Eligible 8th Grade Students and Parents 6 PM (Watson Family Theater)
Mar 13 Tue
• Golf vs. Rummel 3:30 PM (Home Match )
• Tennis vs. St. Martin’s 4 PM (UNO Courts-)
• Varsity Baseball vs. Dutchtown 6 PM (UNO)
• Spring Chorus Concert (Grades 7-12) 7 PM (St. Paul’s Episcopal Church)
Mar 14 Wed
• 7th Grade Baseball vs. Stuart Hall 4:15 PM (Butch Duhe’)
• 8th Grade Baseball vs. Newman 5 PM (Holy Cross Park)
Mar 15 Thu
• 8th Grade Baseball-Northshore Tournament (Northshore High School-Times TBA)
• Varsity Baseball-Hahnville Tournament (Northshore High School-Times TBA)
• TCAC Basketball 2:45 PM (Holy Cross Student Center)
• Golf vs. Jesuit 3:30 PM (Away Match )
• Lady Tiger’s Social 6:30 PM (Cafeteria)
Mar 16 Fri
• 6th Grade Field Trip-Church Tour and Rock N’ Bowl 8:30 AM (St. Peter Claver, St. Ann’s Shrine, St. Augustine, Rock N’Bowl)
• Holy Cross City Park Night 7 PM (City Park)
Mar 17 Sat
• Varsity Outdoor Track and Field Catholic Schools Challenge (Saint Stanislaus High School- Time TBA)
Other upcoming events
Mar 19th St Joseph’s Altar
April 7th HC Men’s Club Crawfish Boil
April 12th HC Men’s Club monthly meeting
April 21st HC Blue and Gold Gala
• Remember to visit our website
o Facebook @tigertalk
• Twitter @HCTigerTalk
• Or email us
• And make sure you subscribe to the show on our website and Facebook
WE ARE HC!!!