Tiger Talk Podcast for the week starting 4/1/18\
Posted by Tiger Talk on Sunday, April 1, 2018
- Hello and welcome to Tiger Talk. This show is for March 2nd 2018 through April 8th, 2018
- Baseball update
- This passed Tuesday evens things up after dropping a game last week to the Blue Jays winning the match 5 to 1
- They continued their streak by tackling Shaw on Wed and defeating them 4 to 1
- Sat against St. Charles Catholic _fell 3 to 5_
- Holy Cross Bowlers winning season ends
- Congratulations to the Varsity Bowling Team on an impressive 14-2 Season.
- Soccer Players, Coach Receive All-State Accolades
- Holy Cross sophomore Chad Cadiere was named Division II Defensive MVP and senior Sebastian Aguilar was named Division II Offensive MVP by the Louisiana High School Soccer Coaches Association. Coach Matt Millet was also named Coach of the Year, and juniors Thomas Dugal and Ethan Garvey and senior Ethan Jones were named to First Team All-State. Congratulations to all of our players and coaches on these outstanding achievements!
- . Middle School Hosts Friday Night Game Night
- Our middle school students enjoyed their very first game night this past Friday. More than 80 students participated, and the event was organized by senior “Big Brothers.” Students competed within their “houses” playing games such as crab ball, dodge ball, and fourth down. It was a great evening of games, bonding with classmates, and of course, pizza!
- Tiger Band Receives Superior Ratings at District Ensemble
- Last week our band participated in the District VI Large Ensemble Assessment, which included performances and sight reading in front of a team of judges. Our band received superior ratings across the board, which is the best possible score. The students worked very hard to make this possible and we are extremely proud of them. Congratulations!,
- Twin Brothers Capture National Wrestling Honors
- Congratulations to Holy Cross eighth graders and twin brothers Jacob and Evan Frost on their recent wrestling victories. Competing for the Bayou Elite Wrestling Club in the NHSCA National tournament, they both captured All-American honors from the National High School Coaches Association. Jacob Frost capped off the tournament with a Louisiana best 8-2 record with fifth in the country at 95 pounds, and Evan Frost finished 7-2, capturing seventh in the country at 90 pounds
- Twelve Students Qualify for State Literary Rally
- Congratulations to our students who participated in the District Literary Rally held last month at Nicholls State University. The following students placed in their subject areas and have qualified to compete at the State Rally at LSU on April 21.
- Austin Wyman received a Superior rating in Original Oratory
- James Sixkiller received a Superior rating in Extemporaneous Speaking
- Shane Gross placed 2nd in Division II in Biology II
- Joshua Plauche placed 1st in Division II in Calculus
- Alex Tedesco placed 1st in Division II in Calculus II
- Justin Schilleci placed 2nd in Division II in Chemistry
- Jared Brodtmann placed 1st in Division II in Civics
- Henry Herbert placed 3rd in Division II in English I
- Alex Dang placed 1st in Division II in Environmental Science
- Joshua Atkins placed 2nd in Division II in Spanish I
- Blake Ziegler placed 1st in Division II in U.S. History
- Ashton Castro placed 2nd in Division II in World Geography
- Some announcements
- Attention all juniors interested in running for student council: elections will take place right after the Easter break. Please stop by the student activities office to pick up a nomination packet. This year we are doing things differently and everyone running will be running for the top twelve spots instead of by position. Once the twelve have been chosen, a separate election will be held for the senior class president and student body president positions.
- Attention juniors: anyone interested in auditioning for the current “voice of the Tigers” position, please see Mr. Ferry as soon as possible. Next year’s morning PA announcement voice and video announcement host will be selected through an audition process based on personality, creativity, dependability and much more. And we would love to have you on our show as well.
- TIGER TALK Store is now open. You can go to our website and click over to our partnership with Café Press and see the items in our store. Remember all profits from the store go back to the students, clubs and teams at Holy Cross.
events coming this week
Apr 2 Mon
- Easter Holidays Mon, Tues and Wed
- 9th Grade Baseball vs. Jesuit 4:30 PM – 5:30 PM (Ryan Stadium)
- Varsity Baseball vs. Hahnville 6 PM – 8 PM (Southeastern Louisiana University)
Apr 3 Tue
- Golf vs. Jesuit 3:30 PM – 5 PM (Home Match )
- 8th Grade Baseball vs. Jesuit 4:30 PM – 5:30 PM (Holy Cross Park )
Apr 4 Wed
- JV Baseball vs Brother Martin 4:30 PM – 5:30 PM (Brother Martin)
Apr 5 Thu
Apr 6 Fri
- Jr High/Varsity Outdoor Track and Field-Chubby Marks Classic 3 PM – 5 PM (Tad Gormley Stadium)
- Varsity Baseball vs. Rummel 7 PM – 9 PM (Kirsch Rooney)
Apr 7 Sat
- Holy Cross Crawfish Boil Presented by the Men’s Club 9 AM – 4 PM (Holy Cross School )
- Live music performed by the Holy Cross Student Jazz band and, Longitude 90 and the Blue Krewe
- Spacewalks and games for children and adults
- A booth sponsored by the Holy Cross Cheerleaders selling desserts
- A booth sponsored by the Holy Cross Lady Tiger providing adult beverages (JELLO SHOTS)
- A cooking team who competes in the “Hogs for the Cause” event with proceeds being donated to the fight against pediatric brain cancer
- An auction tent with items being raffled off or presented for silent auction
- A collection of show cars presented by the Mustang Mafia, a local organization who represents at several local car shows and community events with members who are recent grads from Holy Cross
- Representation of “TIGER TALK” presented by Brett and Blade Schneider, a live podcast with interviews and announcements delivered from the Crawfish Boil
- And most of all, plenty of beer, jambalaya and hot boiled crawfish presented by the Holy Cross Men’s Club.
- 8th Grade Baseball vs. De La Salle 10 AM – 11 AM (Rummel)
- 9th Grade Baseball vs. Rummel 10 AM – 11 AM (Holy Cross Park )
- 8th Grade Baseball vs. Rummel 12 PM – 1 PM (Rummel)
Other upcoming events
April 10th Grand Parents day…. Make sure you RSVP!
April 12th HC Men’s Club monthly meeting (chili cook-off)
April 19th HC Lady Tigers monthly meeting
April 21st HC Blue and Gold Gala
June 1st & 2nd Holy Cross fishing rodeo
Session 1 June 4 – June 22, 2018
Session 2 June 25 – July 13, 2018
- Remember to visit our website
- Twitter @HCTigerTalk
- Or email us
- And make sure you subscribe to the show on our website and Facebook
WE ARE HC!!!