This is the Tiger Talk podast for 5/7/18 to 5/13/18
Posted by Tiger Talk on Sunday, May 6, 2018
- Hello and welcome to Tiger Talk. This show is for May 7th 2018 through May 13th, 2018
- Holy Cross Names Tiger Award Recipients
- Holy Cross School announced the recipients of the 2018 Tiger Award, which is based on the values, concepts and qualities defined in our school mission and school code – The Holy Cross Man.
- Recipients of this award should embrace and model the whole man philosophy, which is one of the most treasured aspects of the Holy Cross education. This honor is bestowed upon individuals who do the best job of connecting the mind, heart, body and soul throughout the school year.
- Students, teachers, advisors, coaches and moderators nominate students, and a faculty committee completes the selection process after considering the actions and observed behavior of the nominees
- For A LIST OF ALL THOSE AWARDED PLEASE GO TO Holy Cross’s main page
- Middle School Track Ends Season with Championship Title
- On Saturday April 28, the 5th and 6th grade track and field team from Holy Cross won the Championship meet for the New Orleans Athletic League for the second year in a row. This historic achievement was accomplished by a team coming together to represent their school.
- Holy Cross scored 155 points to defeat second place Stuart Hall by 72 points. Of the twelve events scored on Saturday, Holy Cross placed first in nine of them. In the 7th and 8th grade division, with only six athletes, Holy Cross still placed 5th overall. The entire Holy Cross family celebrates the effort of these young men, and looks forward to the bright and exciting future for track and field at Holy Cross! Go Tigers!.
- Tailgaters Host Inaugural Dodgeball Tournament
- Our Tailgaters Club hosted its first-ever Dodgeball Tournament. They created two divisions with a total of 14 teams. After attending the baseball game, our teams enjoyed pastalaya prepared by Coach White and Coach Baiamonte, and then the games began.
- A special thanks to Mr. Hanemann for his flawless effort and consistent officiating of our event. Thanks to Clements Insurance Services (Dave ‘98 and Tim ‘01) for their sponsorship and donation. A special thanks to seniors Patrick Johnson and Jules Martin for making the event a success!
National Honor Societies Present Tiger Pride Awards
- Last month the Holy Cross Chapters of the National Junior Honor Society and the National Honor Society hosted Tiger Pride Month. This observance focused on spreading compassion and kindness to others. Each week we focused on and celebrated various parts of Holy Cross: our school, community, students, faculty, and staff.
- As Tiger Pride Month came to a close, they honored a student from each grade level as well as a middle school teacher, a high school teacher, and two staff members who exemplify Tiger Pride. Students, faculty, and staff were able to cast their votes to honor those individuals who they felt show kindness, compassion, and love to others daily. Congratulations to our winners!
- 5th grade- Christopher Sercovich
- 6th grade- Blade Schneider
- 7th grade- Garrett Cantrelle
- 8th grade- Renzo Cantin
- 9th grade- Stafford Agee
- 10th grade- Collin Staub
- 11th grade- Mason Carter
- 12th grade- Cole Smith
- Faculty & Staff:
- Primary School Teacher – Lori Kerner
- Middle School Teacher- Ms. Julianne Watson
- High School Teacher- Mr. Shawn Collick
- Staff member- Mrs. Kesha Thornabar
- Staff member- Mrs. Jill Miester
- Two Sixth Graders Place in Academic Games Nationals
- Congratulations to 6th graders Christian Smith and Luke Suggs for their National placements at the Academic Games National Tournament held in Knoxville, TN this past weekend.
- They bring home the tournament’s iconic Thinker Trophies to proudly display at Holy Cross for their national placements.
- Middle school spring concert
- Congratulation to the 5th, 6th and 7th graders that played in the spring concert. A great job was done by all.
- Special thanks to the high school band members that came in and rounded out the Jazz band and to everyone that came together to play Jurassic Park at the end of the concert.
- Baseball update
- I Semifinals Game HC vs Brother Martin at Kirsch-Rooney Stadium Fri_________
- I Semifinals Game HC vs Brother Martin at Kirsch-Rooney Stadium Sat ________
- Reunion updates
- May 19th Class of 68 50th reunion
- June 15th and 16th Class of 93 25th reunion
events coming this week
May 7 Mon
May 8 Tue
- Sports Medicine Physical Day 3 PM – 4:30 PM (Student Center Walking Track)
May 9 Wed
May 10 Thu
- Senior Crawfish Boil 12 PM – 1 PM (The High School Oaks)
- Lady Tigers and Men’s Club Luau-Special Guest Guy LeCompte 6:30 PM – 8 PM (Huddle)
- Tiger Band Banquet 6:30 PM – 8 PM (Holy Cross Cafeteria)
- 6th Grade Chorus Concert 7 PM – 7:30 PM (St. Paul’s Episcopal Church)
May 11 Fri
- 6th Grade Field Trip to Play Putt Putt 8:30 AM – 1:15 PM (City Park )
- 8th Grade Photo and Graduation Practice 11:15 AM – 12:30 PM (Holy Cross Student Center)
- 8th Grade BBQ 12:30 PM – 2:45 PM
- Soccer ring Ceremony 6:30 PM – 9 PM (Holy Cross Watson Family Theater)
- 1973 Reunion 7 PM – 10 PM (Huddle and Atrium)
May 12 Sat
- Holy Cross Crawfish Boil Presented by the Men’s Club 9 AM – 4 PM (Holy Cross School-Main Campus)
May 13 Sun
- Senior Trip to Disney World (Walt Disney World-Orlando, Florida)
Other upcoming events
May 25th Last day of school
June 1st & 2nd Holy Cross fishing rodeo
Oct 15, 2018 HC Golf tournament
- Remember to visit our website
- Facebook @tigertalk
- Twitter @HCTigerTalk
- Or email us
- Store cafepress.com/tigertalkpodcast
- And make sure you subscribe to the show on our website and Facebook
WE ARE HC!!!