- Welcome to the Tiger Talk podcast. This show is being recorded on 9/23/18
- We had a week of wonderful interviews including one you’ll see today with Mr. Ferry
- That being said, our interview with Mr. DesOrmeaux was so amazing we’re going to put that out as a special episode later this week. His thoughts on the making of Mighty Oaks is a powerful sentiment. Don’t Miss It!
- Tiger Football now 4 and 0 after taking down Shaw 35-6
Tigers Begin 2018 Season with a Splash
- In the varsity meet held Sept. 6 at UNO, Our team had an
- Final Scores:
- Holy Cross 118 vs. Brother Martin 52
- Holy Cross 108 vs. Destrehan 60
- Holy Cross 139 vs. Ben Franklin 18
- Final Scores:
- Our Middle School Swimming Tigers also had a great kick-off swim meet. Special thanks to our Varsity Tigers for supporting and leading our Middle School team to victory
- In the varsity meet held Sept. 6 at UNO, Our team had an impressive showing.
- · Holy Cross Recognizes Top ACT and AP Exam Scorers
- ACT in the nation
Okay we are trying something different and just giving you the big event highlights this week, so we can focus on our News, interviews and other items. Let us know what you think
- Sep 24 Mon Spirit Week
- Sep 27 Thu Alumni Association Meeting 6:30 PM ( Huddle)
- Sep 28 Fri Pep Rally for Rivalry Jesuit Game-Full School Attending (Holy Cross Student Center)
- Varsity Football vs. Jesuit 99th meeting 7 PM (Tad Gormley)
- Oct 12 Fri Varsity Football vs. Brother Martin-Homecoming 7 PM (Tad Gormley)
- Oct 15 Mon Holy Cross Golf Tournament (Bayou Oaks Golf Course at City Park)
- Oct 21 Sun Holy Cross Family Day (Holy Cross Main Campus )
- 1580 Sir Francis Drake returns to England, aboard the Golden Hind, after a 33-month circumnavigation of the globe
- 1829 Scotland Yard, the official British criminal investigation organization, is formed
- 1920 Eight Chicago White Sox players are charged with fixing the 1919 World Series.
- 1966 Chevrolet introduces the Camaro, which will become an iconic car.
- 1979 CompuServe (CIS) offers one of the first online services; it will dominate among ISPs through the mid-1990s.
- 1959 Explorer VI, the U.S. satellite, takes the first video pictures of Earth.
- 2005 Hurricane Rita, comes ashore in Texas causing extensive damage there and in Louisiana
- 2008 SpaceX launches the first private spacecraft, Falcon 1.
A Piece of Holy Cross History
- Each year as part of the HC, Jesuit rivalry a Legend of the Game is recognized
- The Holy Cross 2018 Legend of the Game is Dr. Buck Landry ’61. Buck played in the rivalry his sophomore, junior and senior years, 1958, 1959 and 1960, serving as captain in his senior year. He was on the All-State team for 1960 and is a member of the Holy Cross High School Hall of Fame. He also served on the Holy Cross wrestling team and was selected All State for three years.
- Buck received a football scholarship to Tulane University where he played offensive guard. Dr. Landry earned a Bachelor of Arts from Tulane University in New Orleans; his Master’s Degree from American University in Washington DC and his Ph.D. with a concentration in International Affairs from the University of Notre Dame in South Bend, Ind. After receiving his Master’s from American University, he served three years in the US Army and attained the rank of Captain and received the Bronze Star while serving in South Vietnam.
- Remember to visit our website
- Facebook @tigertalk
- Twitter @HCTigerTalk
- Leave us a review on ITUNES
- Or email us
- Store www.cafepress.com/tigertalkpodcast
- And make sure you subscribe to the show to get the latest updates!
WE ARE HC!!!