- Welcome to the Tiger Talk podcast. This show is being recorded on Friday 9/28/18 at the 99th meeting of HC and the
- Thanks to everyone that came and saw us at our tent during the tailgate. It was great seeing everyone.
Other items in the NEWS
- Holy Cross Students Provide Service to ArcGNO’s Mardi Gras Bead Recycling Program
- Sixteen Holy Cross students participated in our family service opportunity at ArcGNO this past weekend, where they helped to sort Mardi Gras beads for their bead recycling program. Great job supporting your community
- · Tiger Cross Country Finishes Second at Home Mee
GENERAL BOSSETTA’S CAREER AT HC AS A STUDENT & ATHLETE
CALL TO SERVICE TO THE COUNTRY & MILITARY CAREER BECKONS
- Oct 2 Tue PAC Open Meeting -Parent Lecture Series 6 PM – 8 PM (Holy Cross School Watson Family Theate)
- Oct 6 Sat Varsity Football vs. Arhbishop Rummel 7 PM – 9 PM (Joe Yenni)
- Oct 12 Fri Varsity Football vs. Brother Martin-Homecoming 7 PM (Tad Gormley)
- Oct 15 Mon Holy Cross Golf Tournament (Bayou Oaks Golf Course at City Park)
- Oct 21 Sun Holy Cross Family Day (Holy Cross Main Campus )
- 331BC Alexander the Great decisively shatters the Persian army that leaves him master of the Persian Empire.
- 1870 The papal states vote in favor of union with Italy. The capital is moved from Florence to Rome.
- 1880 The first ball-point pen is patented by Alonzo T. Cross
- 1908 The Ford Model T, hits the market. Over 15 million Model Ts are eventually sold, all of them black.
- 1909 Orville Wright sets an altitude record, flying at 1,600 feet.
- 1950 The comic strip Peanuts, by Charles M. Schultz, makes its first appearance in newspapers.
- 1957 Sputnik 1, the first man-made satellite, is launched, beginning the “space race.”
- 1993 The Battle of Mogadishu takes place, in which 18 US soldiers and some 1,000 Somalis are killed
A Piece of Holy Cross History
- Series: 99th meeting since 1922. Jesuit leads the series, 56-40-1.
- First series victories: Jesuit won the initial meeting in 1922 over Holy Cross’ first team, 32-0. Using a team laden with boarding students from Bay St. Louis in 1925, Holy Cross rolled over the Blue Jays, 45-0.
- Largest margin of victory: Jesuit, 72-0, in 1927; Holy Cross, 55-0, in 1948.
- Consecutive series wins: Jesuit, 8 (1988-1994) under coaches Frank Monica. Holy Cross, 5 (1948-1952) under coaches L.G. Friedrichs; (1965-1969) under coach John Kalbacher, and (1982-86) under coaches Henry Rando.
- The game: Once again, this game will be part of the Great American Rivalry Series, sponsored by the U.S. Marine Corps. Each school will honor one of its legendary players. The series is the longest continuous rivalry in Louisiana high school football. The schools will celebrate their landmark 100th meeting in 2019..
- Remember to visit our website
- Facebook @tigertalk
- Twitter @HCTigerTalk
- Leave us a review on ITUNES
- Or email us
- Store www.cafepress.com/tigertalkpodcast
- And make sure you subscribe to the show to get the latest updates!
WE ARE HC!!!