- Welcome to the Tiger Talk podcast. This show is being recorded on Sunday 10/21/18 at FAMILY DAY
- This is the show for the week of October 22 thru October 28th
items in the NEWS
- Holy Cross dropped a tough one to John Curtis this week…. Better look next week.
Holy Cross Hosts Mission Assessment Team
- Every five years, a mission assessment takes place in each of the schools sponsored by the Congregation of Holy Cross. The mission assessment focuses on the Catholic and Holy Cross identity of each school. The assessment identifies areas of best practice and areas of improvement in each of the four “Pillars” that hold up the educational mission of Holy Cross: Message, Community, Service and Prayer.
- The MissionAssessment Team consisted of Holy Cross Brothers and administrators from HolyCross schools across the country. Our team included several brothers and laymembers who spent time at our school helping that we bring the very best to ourstudents, teachers , alum and the community we serve.
- 5th and 6th Grade Football Playoffs (Opponent, Time and Location TBA) 10/25 Thurs
- 7th Grade Football Play Offs (Opponent, Time and Location TBA) 10/25
- Cross Country-Varsity only-District 9-5A Championship 3 PM(City Park Course) 10/25
- Grandparents Day-Primary Campus-Grades PK-4 1 PM (Holy Cross Primary )10/26Fri
- Cross Country-JV/JH/Middle School Metro Championship 8 AM (City Park Course ) 10/27Sat
- Class of 1978 Reunion 7 PM – 10 PM (Holy Cross Student Center Huddle) 10/27 Sat
This week in history
- 1768 Germans and Acadians join French Creoles in their armed revolt against the Spanish governor of New Orleans.
- 1793 Eli Whitney applies for a patent on the cotton gin
- 1797 The first successful parachute descent is made by jumping from a balloon at some 2,200 feet over Paris.
- 1836 Sam Houston is sworn in as the first president of the Republic of Texas.
- 1881 Three Earp brothers and Doc Holliday have a shootout with the Clantons and McLaurys at the O.K. Corral.
- 1886 The Statue of Liberty, originally named Liberty Enlightening the World, is dedicated at Liberty Island
- 1897 The first comic strip appears in the Sunday color supplement of the New York Journal called the ‘Yellow Kid.’
- 1904 The St. Louis police try a new investigation method: fingerprints.
- 1930 John Wayne debuts in his first starring role in The Big Trail.
- 1931 Al Capone, is sent to prison for tax evasion.
- 1938 Chester Carlson invents the photocopier. He tries to sell the machine to IBM, RCA, Kodak and others, but they see no use for a gadget that makes nothing but copies.
- 1978 The Papal inauguration of Pope John Paul II takes place
- 1983 A terrorist bomb is detonated at the U.S. Marine barracks in Beirut. The bomb kills 237 Marines and injures 80
A Piece of Holy Cross History
- In 1945 the Holy Cross alma mater was introduced.
- In 1954, a new building with classroom facilities, science labs, a library, and a cafeteria was erected to meet the needs of the growing student body. Five additional facilities were added: the Student Center in 1962, the Brothers’ Residence in 1964, the junior Olympic swimming pool in 1965, the middle school building which was originally built as a new boarders’ residence in 1966, and an athletic building which housed a weight training room and video facility in 2002
- The boarding program attracted as many as 150 students a year from across the south as well as Central and South America. Resident students were housed in two dormitories located in the administration building as well as two residence halls which provided private accommodations for upperclassmen. In 1972 the boarding school was discontinued, and the middle school opened.
- CLOSING BLADE
- Remember to visit our website
- Leaveus a review on ITUNES
- Subscribeto us on YouTube
- Oremail us
- And make sure you subscribe to the show to get the latest updates!
WE ARE HC!!!