- Welcome to the Tiger Talk podcast. This show is being recorded on Friday 10/7/18
- Take a look at our newly remodeled studio. We hope to bring you many new episodes from it.
items in the NEWS
- Holy Cross falls to the Raiders 39-3 Keep your chin up Tigers. We know you’ll come back strong
- Academic Games Team Places in City Tournament
- Congratulations to the Holy Cross Academic Games members for their excellent play in the city’s Propaganda tournament.
- In the 5th and 6th grade divisions, Holy Cross had two of the top three players in the city. Out of close to 100 students, Blake Bigner placed 3rd and Tyler Tran clinched 2nd. The team with Tyler Tran, Peter Schissel, Carson Termine, Rohit Srivastava, and Chase Viellion placed 4th overall.
- In the 7th and 8th grade division the team with Wyatt Bigner, Christian Smith, Luke Suggs, Shivam Srivastava, and Divesh Sadhwani placed 4th as well.
- Week of 8th thru 12th HC week
- Oct 11th Men’s Club Social and Meeting 6:30 PM – 8 PM (Huddle)
- Oct 11th Chorus Fall Concert 7 PM – 8 PM (St. Charles Avenue Presbyterian Church)
- Oct 12 Fri Varsity Football vs. Brother Martin-Homecoming 7 PM (Tad Gormley)
- Oct 13 Sat Louisiana Philharmonic Orchestra at Holy Cross 7 AM – 8 PM (Student Center )
- Oct 13 Sat Homecoming Dance 8 PM – 11 PM (Pontchartrain Center)
- Oct 15 Mon Student holiday
- Oct 15 Mon Holy Cross Golf Tournament (Bayou Oaks Golf Course at City Park)
- Oct 21 Sun Holy Cross Family Day (Holy Cross Main Campus )
This week in history
- 54 Nero succeeds his great uncle Claudius, as the new emperor of Rome
- 1492 Christopher Columbus and his crew land in the Bahamas.
- 1727 George II of England is crowned.
- 1775 The Continental Congress orders the establishment of the Continental Navy (later renamed the U.S. Navy)
- 1845 The U.S. Naval Academy is founded at Annapolis, Md.
- 1871 The Great Chicago Fire begins in southwest Chicago
- 1888 The Washington Monument, designed by Robert Mills, opens to the public
- 1911 The Panama Canal opens
- 1922 Lillian Gatlin becomes the first woman pilot to fly across the United States
- 1968 Apollo 7, with three men aboard, is successfully launched from Cape Kennedy.
- 1971 The London Bridge, built in 1831, reopens in Lake Havusu City, Arizona, after being sold to Robert P. McCulloch
- 2001 US President George W. Bush establishes the Office of Homeland Security
A Piece of Holy Cross History
- In 1849, at the invitation of the Most Reverend Antoine Blanc, Archbishop of New Orleans, five brothers of the Congregation of Holy Cross were sent by Father Basil Moreau to assume responsibility for St. Mary’s Orphanage
- During the early years of the foundation New Orleans was devastated by a series of epidemics: cholera, yellow fever, and malaria. The city suffered privation as a result of the northern blockade during the War Between the States. There was the continuing aggravation of the climate of which Brother Vincent said, “was unhealthy, especially for strangers.” More than once consideration was given to withdrawing from New Orleans
- In 1859 the congregation purchased Reynes Farm, a riverfront plantation. In 1879, as the need for an orphanage diminished, St. Isidore’s College, a boarding and day school was opened. This became the original site on which Holy Cross School stood and it is here that Holy Cross’ history officially began.
- Remember to visit our website
- Facebook @tigertalk
- Twitter @HCTigerTalk
- Leave us a review on ITUNES
- Or email us
- Store www.cafepress.com/tigertalkpodcast
- And make sure you subscribe to the show to get the latest updates!
And remember WE ARE HC!!