- Welcome to the Tiger Talk podcast. This show is being recorded for the week of Nov19th thru Nov 25th
- Happy Thanksgiving to all our Tiger family everywhere!
items in the NEWS
- Holy Cross Swim team wins State!
- On Saturday our Tiger swimmers took the final step and won the state championship in swimming…. Congratulations!!
- Ethan Garvey Signs with Evansville Soccer
- Holy Cross would like to congratulate senior Ethan Garvey, who signed his letter intent to play college soccer at the University of Evansville Indiana this week. Evansville is a Division 1 program that competes in the Missouri Valley Conference.
- This is the first Division 1 signing for the Holy Cross Soccer program. After our first State Championship in the spring, this is a great next step for the Tiger soccer program.
- Congratulations Ethan and also good luck in this year’s amazing soccer season
- The Tiger Band is still selling poinsettias for the holidays! The cost is $10 each and will be available for pick-up after the Christmas concert. The order form is available on the schools website as well as in our show notes
- Cheerleader Wreath Fundraiser
- The Holy Cross Cheerleaders are also in full swing with their fundraiser to help cover expenses for the National High School Cheerleading Championship in Orlando,Florida. They are selling wreaths and door sprays and a cheerleader will deliver it to you personally. If you have any questions, contact Miss Watson
- Lend me a tenor
- Our talented student actors have been working hard preparing for our theater production of “Lend Me a Tenor.” This hilarious comedy opens November 29 at the Watson Family Theater. Don’t miss it!
- Buy tickets online now https://holycrosstigers.edlioschool.com/a…/pages/centerstage
- WGNO coats for kids
- As part of Holy Cross’s partnership with WGNO they are proud to be sponsors in the coats for kids campaign. Please consider donating. Boxes will be located in all areas and collection will begin Monday Nov 26th
- Well with basketball season upon us we had the chance to sit down with none other than Coach Kirkwood and discuss this season.Hope you enjoy this interview
- Thanks to Coach Kirkwood
- remember that Your Holy Cross Basketball Season Pass are on sale for $100.00
- This includes ONE SEASON PASS for all Holy Cross HOME games (5th grade through Varsity)
- All Varsity District games (Home and Away)
- Holy Cross Basketball Team Long Sleeve T-Shirt
- upcoming events
- Thanksgiving Holidays, 11/19-11/23
- 1stHoliday STEM camp
- Center Stage “Lend me a Tenor” 11/29 -12/1
- Caroling Under the Oaks, 12/1 4 to 6
- Christmas Boutique and Brunch, 12/8
- Xmas Band Concert 12/10
- Primary Santa workshop 12/11
- School Mass 12/12
- Tiger Fest volunteer meeting 12/12
- Xmas Chorus concert 12/12
- Men’s Club meeting 12/13
This week in history
- 2348 BC Biblical scholars determine that this is the year of Noah’s great flood
- 1620 The Pilgrims sight Cape Cod.
- 1859 Charles Darwin publishes On Origin of Species by Means of Natural Selection
- 1861 Julia Ward Howe writes “The Battle Hymn of the Republic” while visiting Union troops near Washington.
- 1863 Lincoln delivers the “Gettysburg Address” at the dedication of the National Cemetery at the site of the Battle of Gettysburg.
- 1906 In San Juan, President Theodore Roosevelt pledges citizenship for Puerto Rican people.
- 1911 New York receives the first Marconi wireless transmission from Italy.
- 1942 The film Casablanca premieres
- 1945 The Nazi war crime trials begin at Nuremberg
- 1963 Lee Harvey Oswald assassinates Pres. Kennedy in Dallas, Texas.
- 1981 Microsoft Windows 1.0 is released.
- 1995 The first feature-length film created entirely with computer generated imagery –Toy Story – premiers.
- 1992 The first Smartphone, IBM’s Simon, is introduced at COMDEX in Las Vegas, Nevada.
- 1998 The first module of the International Space Station, Zarya, is launched
Thanking a Tiger
- With Thanksgiving this week, we thought we would change things up. we are starting a segment of thanks.
- I (Brett) am thankful for a very special teacher Mrs. Renee Haase…She was THAT teacher that sparked my love for reading which led to a need for learning of all things and ultimately encouraged me to write as an author…. Thank You
- Remember to visit our website
- Leave us a review on ITUNES
- Subscribe to us on YouTube
- Or email us
And make sure you subscribe to the show to get the latest updates!
WE ARE HC!!!