- Welcome to the Tiger Talk podcast. This show is being recorded for the week of Nov 26th thru Dec 2nd
items in the NEWS
- HC Basketball update
This past week Tigers win over De La Salle but drop one to Sophie Wright bringing their record to 3-1
- Soccer update
- Your reigning state champ soccer team came away with a 1-0 victory against Brother Martin last week. Great start guys
HOLY CROSS WRESTLINGTAKES 1st PLACE @ the Ketelsen Tourney
- Lend me a tenor
- Our talented student actors have been workinghard preparing for our theater production of “Lend Me a Tenor.” Thishilarious comedy opens November 29 at the Watson Family Theater. Don’t miss it!
- Buy tickets online now https://holycrosstigers.edlioschool.com/a…/pages/centerstage
- WGNO coats for kids
- As part of Holy Cross’s partnership with WGNO they are proud to be sponsors in the coats for kids campaign. Please consider donating. Boxes will be located in all areas and collection will begin Monday Nov 26th
- upcoming events
- Center Stage “Lend me a Tenor” 11/29 -12/1
- Caroling Under the Oaks, 12/1 4 to 6
- Christmas Boutique and Brunch, 12/8
- Xmas Band Concert 12/10
- Primary Santa workshop 12/11
- School Mass 12/12
- Tiger Fest volunteer meeting 12/12
- Xmas Chorus concert 12/12
- Men’s Club meeting 12/13
- Exams 12/17-20
This week in history
- 1520 Spanish explorer Ferdinand Magellan, having discovered a strait at the tip of South America, enters the Pacific.
- 1782 The British sign a preliminary agreement in Paris, recognizing American independence.
- 1789 George Washington proclaims this a National Thanksgiving Day in honor of the new Constitution.
- 1863 The first National Thanksgiving is celebrated.
- 1826 Jedediah Smith’s expedition reaches San Diego, becoming the first Americans to cross the southwest
- 1955 Rosa Parks refuses to sit in the back of a Montgomery, Alabama, bus, defying the South’s segregationist laws.
- 1963 Cape Canaveral is renamed Cape Kennedy.
- 1972 Atari announces the release of Pong, the first commercially successful video game.
- 1982 Thriller,Michael Jackson’s second solo album, is released; it became the best-selling album in history.
- 2001 The Hubble Telescope discovers a hydrogen atmosphere on planet Osiris, the first detected on an extra solar planet
- 2004 On the game show Jeopardy! contestant Ken Jennings loses after 74 consecutive victories. It is the longest winning streak in game-show history, earning him a total of over $3 million
Thanking a Tiger
This week is Blade’s chance to give thanks…What would you like to give thanks about
- I am so thankful for the opportunity that Catholic Bonding has given me to have Andres in our home the last 6 weeks. It has been an experience that has taught me so much and helped me make a great new friend.
- Remember to visit our website
- Facebook @tigertalk
- Twitter @HCTigerTalk
- Leave us a review on ITUNES
- Subscribe to us on YouTube
- Or email us
And make sure you subscribe to the show to get the latest updates!
WE ARE HC!!!