Welcome to the Tiger Talk podcast. This show is being recorded for the week of Dec 3rd thru Dec 9th
items in the NEWS
- HC Basketball update
This past week Tigers played in the All State Sugar bowl CYO tournament
Win 53-42 over St Paul; Win 58-38 over Newman; Win 69-67 over De La Salle; Jesuit
Win earlier this week at South Plaq 76 -50
- Soccer update
- Soccer Tigers fall to Newman 1-3 but your HC Varsity Tigers traveled to Lafayette this weekend for the Copa Acadiana Tournament, and faced Vandebilt, Episcopal of BR and Loyola High School (
- · Wrestling update
- The Tigers whipped the Wolves 47-12. Despite the fact that St. Paul’s is considered a prime contender in Division I this season,Holy Cross was simply too good, winning 8 of 12 matches contested and taking the other two by forfeit.
- Holy Cross School Names Alumnus Trey Guillot Head Varsity Baseball Coach
- Holy Cross School is pleased to announce the appointment of Trey Guillot as its head baseball coach for the 2018-2019 school year. Guillot has been serving as director of the school’s 5th through 12thgrade baseball program and will continue in that role as well.
- Guillot, a 1995 graduate of Holy Cross, was a three-year Letterman in baseball and was all-district his junior and senior year and all-metro and team captain his senior season. Guillot attended Tulane University, playing baseball for two years under Coach Rick Jones, and transferred to the University of New Orleans, playing two years for Coach Tom Schwaner
- WGNO coats for kids
- As part of Holy Cross’s partnership with WGNO they are proud to be sponsors in the coats for kids campaign. Please consider donating. Boxes will be located in all areas and collection will begin Monday Nov 26th
- Christmas Ornaments for sale
- 2018 Christmas Ornaments featuring the Founders Grotto have arrived at the spirit shop and are now available for purchase for $18.
- upcoming events
- Christmas Boutique and Brunch, 12/8
- Xmas Band Concert 12/10
- Primary Santa workshop 12/11
- School Mass 12/12
- Tiger Fest volunteer meeting 12/12
- Xmas Chorus concert 12/12
- Men’s Club meeting 12/13
This week in history
- 1865 The 13th Amendment is ratified, abolishing slavery.
- 1877 Edison makes the first sound recording reciting“Mary had a Little Lamb” into his phonograph machine.
- 1876 Jack McCall is convicted for the murder of Wild Bill Hickok and sentenced to hang.
- 1933 The 21st Amendment ends Prohibition in the United States, which had begun 13 years earlier.
- 1945 Four TBM Avenger bombers disappear approximately 100 miles off the coast of Florida.
- 1947 Tennessee William’s play A Streetcar Named Desire premieres on Broadway
- 1947 Florida’s Everglades National Park is established.
- 1972 The crew of Apollo 17, the last manned mission to the moon, lifts off at Cape Canaveral, Florida.
- 1980 John Lennon is shot to death outside his Manhattan apartment building.
- 1989 Presidents Bush and Gorbachev announce end to the Cold War at a meeting in Malta.
- With that note our prayers are with the Bush family as he passed away on Sat at 94
- 1992 A test engineer for Sema Group sends the world’s first text message, on the Vodafone network.
- 2006 NASA reveals photographs from Mars Global Surveyor that suggest the presence of water on the red planet.
- 2010 SpaceX becomes the first privately held company to successfully launch, orbit and recover a spacecraft.
- Remember to visit our website
- Facebook @tigertalk
- Twitter @HCTigerTalk
- Leave us a review on ITUNES
- Subscribe to us on YouTube
- Or email us
Andmake sure you subscribe to the show to get the latest updates!
WE ARE HC!!!