This is the Tiger Talk Podcast for the week starting 3/18/18……. Have an HC kinda week
- Hello and welcome to Tiger Talk. This show is for March 19th 2018 through March 25th, 2018
- Baseball update
- On 3/13 the Tigers fell to Dutchtown in a 4 to 3 battle but 2 days later they took on Central Lafourche and in a shut out game Mikey leads the Tigers to a 2 to 0 victory. Great job guys….. keep up the strong work. That puts HC 8-6-1 this season
TCAC basketball update
- In TCAC last week, the Lakers defeated the Trailblazers with a score of 50 -26. Cole White led the team with 16 points, Jared Jones with 13 and Ashton Brown with 11. Caleb Jeanmarie scored 12 and Owen Couvillion had three 3 point shots but it wasn’t enough to bring their team to victory.
- James Williams led his team to victory with 23 points and Justin Wells assisted with 11 points for the Rockets. The Pelicans didn’t have enough momentum to continue their first half lead although Sam Fradella scored 8, Ross Perkins scored 8 and Tristan Adams and Leyton Liuzza both had 5 points. Great games yesterday!
- 5th thru 7th Game Night
- Attention all 5th-7th grade students, next Friday (March 23rd) we will have our 5th/6th/7th Grade Game Night in the student center. The game night will consist of games such as volleyball, dodge ball, relay races. The games and activities will pit the “House” groups against one another. The winning “House” takes home the trophy and prize of a pizza party. Students who are interested in attending should see Ms. Watson or Mrs. Bourque for the permission slips. Cost of the event is $10 and the money will go to pay for the food and drinks for the night. Students should come dressed in the “House” shirts. The night will start at 7pm and end at 10pm. Come out for a great night with your Holy Cross brothers. All sign-ups are due by Wednesday the 21st.
. Physics Students Use SCUBA to Learn Principles
- Holy Cross AP Physics and Physics Honors students ventured to Harry’s Dive Shop in Metairie to explore the “Physics of SCUBA” and got the chance to experience SCUBA diving for themselves.
- Many thanks to Cindy Caldwell for her excellent presentation explaining how Archimedes Principle, Boyles Law, Charles Law, Dalton’s Law, and Henry’s Law pertain to SCUBA diving. In addition to the physics presentation, once the young men were educated on the safety procedures they were then led to the pool where they were equipped with SCUBA gear and spent 90 minutes experiencing SCUBA Diving for themselves.
Ricks Named Allstate Sugar Bowl Scholar-Athlete
- Congratulations to senior Mikey Ricks, who has been selected by the Allstate Sugar Bowl Chapter of the National Football Foundation and College Hall of Fame as a 2018 Scholar-Athlete. He will be recognized at the annual Scholar-Athlete Award Luncheon on April 3 at the Mercedes-Benz Superdome.
NHS and NJHS Sponsoring Tiger Pride Month
- Our National Honor Society and National Junior Honor Society are once again sponsoring Tiger Pride Month, a four-week celebration of students, faculty, staff and our community. We kick off next week with the following activities.
- Week #1: Student Appreciation Week
- Friday, March 23: 5th through 12th grade Dress-Down Day (Holy Cross t-shirt, tennis shoes, school pants or school shorts)
- Monday, March 26: 5th-12th Grade Pancake Breakfast (7:15-8:00 a.m. “under the oaks”)
- Monday, March 26: 5th & 6th Grade Snowball Day (1st Lunch) and 9th & 10th Grade Snowball Day (2nd Lunch)
- Tuesday, March 27: 7th & 8th Grade Snowball Day (1st Lunch) and 11th & 12th Grade Snowball Day (2nd Lunch)
- Wednesday, March 28: Tiger Pride Rally, Main Campus, with intramural games for grades Pre-K through 12th
- Week #2: Community Week
- Keep Campus Clean: Activities to include trash pick-up and recycling
- Blood Drive: Main campus, Tuesday, April 10
- Collection Drive: We will be collecting Mardi Gras beads for Magnolia Community Center. Drop off at school offices.
- Week #3: Teacher Appreciation Week
- Week #4: Awards Week, recognizing students, teachers and staff who show compassion, empathy and caring for others.
- Tiger Pride Lanyards: NHS and NHJS will be selling “Tiger Pride Lanyards” for $5 starting on Monday, March 19. They can purchased from Mrs. Clark, Mrs. Lavender or NJHS/NHS members walking around at lunch time at the main campus
- Five Holy Cross Musicians Perform with District Jazz Band
- Five Holy Cross musicians represented our school at the District 6 Jazz Band performance held this past weekend: Bryson Parker on lead alto sax, Justin Schilleci on lead tenor sax, Justin Borne on second alto sax, Damion Jarusook on bari saxophone and Brandon Dillon on trombone. Congratulations to Damion Jarusook, who was chosen as the top woodwind performer.
- The band performed under the leadership of Dr. Nick Volz, professor of trumpet from Loyola University. Congratulations to all of our performers!
Archbishop Aymond to Celebrate St. Joseph’s Day with Holy Cross School
- Archbishop Gregory Aymond will celebrate Mass at Holy Cross School for the Feast of St. Joseph on Monday, March 19 at 9:10 a.m. Immediately following Mass, he will bless our St. Joseph’s Altar, which will be on display in the Library from 9 a.m. until 2 p.m. on the main campus.
- Joseph is the Patron Saint of Holy Cross School, and we are honored to have the Archbishop celebrate this feast day with us. Parents, alumni and friends are invited to join us for Mass and viewing of the St. Joseph’s Altar. Students in grades 5-12 are reminded to wear a tie on Monday.
- Some announcements
- Attention all juniors interested in running for student council: elections will take place right after the Easter break. Please stop by the student activities office to pick up a nomination packet. This year we are doing things differently and everyone running will be running for the top twelve spots instead of by position. Once the twelve have been chosen, a separate election will be held for the senior class president and student body president positions.
- Attention juniors: anyone interested in auditioning for the current “Communications” position, please see Mr. Ferry as soon as possible. Next year’s morning PA announcement voice and video announcement host will be selected through an audition process based on personality, creativity, dependability and much more.
- TIGER TALK Store is now open. You can go to our website and click over to our partnership with Café Press and see the items in our store. Remember all profits from the store go back to the students, clubs and teams at Holy Cross.
- Thanks to the lady Tigers for letting me talk about Tiger Talk at their meeting this past week. If your not a member of this great organization what are you waiting for. They are doing great things for the Holy Cross family.
events coming this week
Mar 19 Mon
- Mass for Solemnity of St. Joseph (Holy Day of Obligation) 9:10 AM (HC Student Center Arena)
- Bowling Regionals 3:25 PM (All Star Lanes Kenner)
- JV Baseball vs. Curtis 5 PM (Mike Miley field)
Mar 20 Tue
- TCAC Basketball 2:45 PM (Holy Cross Student Center)
- Golf vs. Brother Martin 3:30 PM (Home Match)
- 9th Grade Baseball vs. Brother Martin 4 PM(Brother Martin )
- Tennis vs. Ben Franklin 4 PM (UNO Courts)
- Varsity Baseball vs. Brother Martin 4 PM (Holy Cross Park)
- 7th Grade Baseball vs. Lusher 4:15 PM (Butch Duhe’)
- 8th Grade Baseball vs. Newman 4:15 PM(Avenger Park)
Mar 21 Wed
Mar 22 Thu
- Golf vs. St. Augustine 3:30 PM (Away Match)
- Tennis vs. St. Augustine 4 PM (UNO Courts)
- Varsity Baseball vs. Brother Martin 4 PM (Kirsch Rooney Stadium)
- 8th Grade Baseball vs. Jesuit 4:30 PM (Ryan Stadium)
- 9th Grade Baseball vs Brother Martin 4:30 PM (Holy Cross Park )
- Holy Cross Cheerleading Tryouts 6 PM (Student Center Arena)
Mar 23 Fri
- Varsity Track and Field-Sugar Bowl Relays 2:30 PM (Tad Gormley Stadium)
- 5th, 6th & 7th Grade Game Night 7 PM (Student Center)
- 8th Grade Social 7 PM (Rock N’ Bowl)
Mar 24 Sat
- Holy Cross Cheerleading Tryouts 9 AM (Student Center)
- Varsity Baseball vs. Jesuit 1 PM (Holy Cross Park)
- Varsity Track and Field-Sugar Bowl Relays 2:30 PM (Tad Gormley Stadium)
- Junior Prom 8 PM (Sheraton Galleria)
Other upcoming events
April 7th HC Men’s Club Crawfish Boil
April 12th HC Men’s Club monthly meeting (chili cook-off
April 21st HC Blue and Gold Gala
- Remember to visit our website
- Twitter @HCTigerTalk
- Or email us
- and make sure you subscribe to the show on our website and Facebook
WE ARE HC!!!