- Welcome to the Tiger Talk podcast. This show is being recorded for the week of Nov 12th thru Nov 18th
items in the NEWS
- Holy Cross playsSt. Aug in first round of the Play-offs
- · Tiger Band Poinsettia Sale
- Holy Cross will sponsor a “People and Pets Food Drive.” Duringthe week of November 5-9, they will accept donations of non-perishable fooditems to benefit Second Harvest Food Bank and the food pantries of some localchurches. They are also accept donations of pet food as well to benefitVillalobos Rescue Center in the 9th Ward and Animal Rescue of New Orleans(ARNO). Donations may be brought to the middle and high school buildings or tothe primary school office. Students volunteers will offer curb-side collections during the morning drop-off at Paris Avenue.
- With Soccer fund day and the Alumni game this weekend we had a chance to talk with Coach Matt about the Team and all they have in store
- upcoming events
- Open House (Grades 5-12), 11/12
- ANOTHER Student Holiday, 11/13
- Evening with Moreau, 11/14
- Middle School Field Day
- Thanksgiving Holidays, 11/19-11/23
- 1st Holiday STEM camp
- Center Stage “Lend me a Tenor” 11/29
- Caroling Under the Oaks, 12/1
- Christmas Boutique and Brunch, 12/8
- Xmas Band Concert 12/10
Xmas Chorus concert 12/12
This week in history
- 1777 The Articles of Confederation, instituting perpetual union of the United States, are adopted by Congress
- 1812 40 soldiers were sent to ambush the Baratarians. They captured Jean Lafitte, his brother Pierre, and 25 other smugglers. Officials released the smugglers after they posted bond, and they disappeared, refusing to return for a trial.
- 1835 Texas proclaims independence from Mex, calling itself the Lone Star Republic, until it joins the Union in 1845.
- 1851 Herman Melville’s novel Moby Dick is published in New York.
- 1867 Mount Vesuvius erupts
- 1907 Paul Corno achieves the first helicopter flight.
- 1913 The first ship sails through the Panama Canal, which connects the Atlantic and Pacific oceans
- 1928 Mickey mouse makes his film debut in Steamboat Willie, the first animated talking picture
- 1952 Harvard’s Paul Zoll becomes the first man to use electric shock to treat cardiac arrest.
- 1969 The United States launches Apollo 12, the second mission to the Moon, from Cape Kennedy.
- 1982 The Vietnam Veterans Memorial is dedicated in Washington, DC.
A Piece of Holy Cross History
- This original orphanage run by the Holy Cross brothers, along with the first Ursuline School for Girls (the oldest Catholic School in America), was demolished and moved to make room for the building if the 1923 Industrial Canal
- The Advisory Committee of the Laura Bush Foundation for America’s Libraries informed Holy Cross School that it has been chosen to receive a $50,000 grant to purchase books for the school’s library. She attended Holy Cross on Thursday, April 19, 2007 to present the 14 grantees in Mississippi and Louisiana, including Holy Cross, with the donation
- Remember to visit our website
- Facebook @tigertalk
- Twitter @HCTigerTalk
- Leave us a review on ITUNES
- Subscribe to us on YouTube
- Or email us
And make sure you subscribe to the show to get the latest updates!
WE ARE HC!!!